Thursday, September 10, 2015

White Bean Chicken Chili

I’ve always seen this recipe and I’ve ordered it many times while out but never tried conquering it myself until now and man am I happy I did because IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!
This makes about 4-5 big servings :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 rotisserie chicken; skinned, deboned and chopped (I used the store bought)
  • 1 can cannelloni beans; drained
  • 1 can butter beans; drained
  • 6 tomatillos; husked, washed, diced
  • 1 white onion; diced
  • 2 Tbsp EVOO
  • 1 Tbsp garlic; minced
  • 1 can hot green chilies
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 3 c chicken stock
  • Sour cream
  • Shredded cheese
  • Green onions; sliced

Directions:
  • Heat a small Dutch oven over medium high heat and add onions.
  • Once tender add garlic and cook until fragrant.
  • Add tomatillos, green chilies, cumin and chili powder. Stir to combine.
  • Add chicken stock, beans and chicken. Bring to a low boil.
  • Use a potato masher and mash some of the beans to thicken the chili slightly.
  • Simmer on low for at least an hour.
  • Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and green onions.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment