Monday, September 21, 2015

Shredded Beef and Crab Ramen

 
 
Well as you all know, I've become a bit obsessed with ramen... aka... I ate it for brunch Saturday and Sunday this weekend. It's just so good!
 
This one I came up with because we had our shredded beef enchilada stacks and I had leftover beef that I didn't want to go to waste.
 
I've noticed the more and more I make ramen, the easier and easier it gets :)
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp dashi seasoning (found at most Asian markets, but sometimes at the local store)
  • 1 Tbsp Chili garlic
  • 1 Tbsp Sesame chili oil
  • 1 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 tsp Sriracha sauce, plus some for drizzling
  • 1/4 cup leftover shredded beef
  • 1/4 cup fake crab
  • 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 cup corn (I had some roasted corn leftover, but frozen would be fine too)
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 1/4 cup nori (dried seaweed), sliced
  • 1 egg
  • 1 package ramen noodles (noodles only, sometimes I only use half of the block for a one person serving)
Directions:
  • Add all the ingredients through the tsp of siracha sauce into a small pot and bring to a boil.
  • Lower the heat a bit and poach your egg. (I found this helps on the time this dish takes and also the egg is seasoned with the broth, but it usually takes on the chili oil coloring)
  • After the egg is poached remove it, bring broth back up to a boil and then add the mushrooms and whites of the green onion. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.
  • Add your noodles and corn and let cook for another minute.
  • Add the mix to a big ole ramen bowl (if you have one). Let steep for another 1-2 minutes. This will continue cooking the noodles until desired doneness.
  • Now add the toppings - beef, crab, greens of the green onion, nori slices and poached egg. Top with a bit more sriracha if desired.
Now slurp away!

No comments:

Post a Comment