Monday, September 14, 2015

Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs with Sriracha and Chives

 
Well we had a few people over to watch the Lions game yesterday... as disappointing as it was heh and I had a last minute craving for deviled eggs. I had remembered that I had some leftover bacon and a jalapeno that needed to be used... so why not throw it all together :p
 
Ingredients:
  • 15 eggs
  • 1 c Hellman's mayo - I used the EVOO one
  • 1 jalapeno - seeded and minced
  • 1/4 c bacon bits - I cheated and had some "real bacon bits" already in my fridge
  • 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
  • Sriracha sauce
  • 1/4 c chives, chopped
  • 1 tsp Baking soda
Directions:
  • Place eggs in cold water and add baking soda. Bring to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute, then cover and remove from the heat. Let rest for 20-30 minutes.
  • Peel eggs and then slice in half.
  • In a small bowl add the mayo, jalapeno, bacon bits, Dijon mustard and 12 of the egg yolks.  Mash the yolks and mix everything until smooth.
  • Now here's my big trick, put the entire mix in a Ziploc back and then cut a corner off. Use it as a piping bag to put the mixture in the eggs :)
  • Top with a dot of sriracha on each egg with mix and then add the chopped chives.
Watch out, these are very addicting... in fact I may have to make more tonight!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment