Monday, August 31, 2015

Miso Soup


 
Well since I've been on a Ramen/Asian deliciousness food kick, I figured I should try my hand at some miso soup :)
 
I added a tad more tofu, seaweed and green onion in mine than the normal person and I used a dashi miso soy bean paste. You can find the dashi miso soy bean paste at just about an Asian food mart and the dried seaweed can be found at any general grocery store. I also used extra firm tofu compared to the silken, but that is just a personal preference of mine for texture.
 
This makes 2 servings, perfect for lunch at work.
 
Ingredients:
  • 4 Tbsp Dashi Miso Paste
  • 4 c water
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 1/2 container extra firm tofu, cubed (sizing is up to you)
  • 1/2 c dried seaweed, chopped (I cut them into about 1 inch squares)
Directions:
  • Heat the 4 cups of water until boiling, add dashi miso paste and combine until dissolved.
  • Turn off heat, add green onions, tofu and seaweed.
See, easy peasy! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment